It may sometimes take more than an eyelid lift to achieve a youthful and bright look with a spark in your eye. Brow lift is recommended in patients with descended eyebrows – a condition that is not tied to aging. The procedure is usually performed in conjunction with the upper lid lift. Brow lift ensures quick, effective, and long-term results for the patient.
Brow lift is the right procedure for you if:
- You have descended eyebrows;
- You would like a more open look;
- You want to remove unwanted wrinkles on your forehead and between the eyebrows.
What you should know:
• After the surgery and receiving recommendations, the patient can return home as soon as the next day.
• The healing process takes up to 4 weeks, but elevation in self-esteem, a more youthful look, and the absence of the wrinkle between the eyebrows will please the patient very soon after the surgery.
• Surgery scars remain invisible, as they are perfectly concealed by the hairline.
1. Consultation with plastic surgeon
During your consultation with a plastic surgeon, they will inspect the level of your brow descent, explain associated risks, and gauge your expectations. You will also discuss your physical health and previous surgeries (if any), any medications you are taking, and what made you choose this procedure. It is important that you inform your surgeon if you have thyroid disease or diabetes.
2. Preparing for surgery
For a successful surgery and best outcomes, it is important that you also take steps to prepare for the surgical procedure. You should stop taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory and certain other kinds of medication and quit smoking, as it may impair the healing process.
3. Surgical procedure
- The surgery takes 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on the individual situation of each patient.
- The procedure is performed under general anaesthesia.
- Small incisions are made between the top of the patient’s forehead and the beginning of their hairline.
- The surgeon then raises skin of the forehead and the brows.
4. Outcome and recovery
The amount of time it takes for recovery varies from one patient to another, but it is significantly extended if they smoke. You might need painkillers once the general anaesthesia wears off.
- For several days, patients should be lying down with their head raised as much as possible;
- Bending should be avoided for the first couple of days after the surgery;
- Cold compresses may be applied for a few days after the surgery to help lessen swelling.