Liposuction is one of the most popular types of cosmetic surgery, providing sharper and more elegant body contouring. Subcutaneous fat can be removed over diverse areas of the body, including the waist, belly, back, thighs, buttocks, cheeks, chin, and anywhere else with undesired fat tissue. If the amount of excess fat to be removed is rather large, the procedure can be repeated. It should be borne in mind that cosmetic body contouring is not intended for excess weight reduction but is instead designed to improve the body’s outer shape.
Accordingly, the patient may not lose significant weight, but the size of their clothing may indeed change.
Although modern cosmetic surgery offers a wide variety of liposuction techniques, studies show that the most efficient of them is manual liposuction by the surgeon using power assisted liposuction equipment. Our clinic uses the very latest power assisted liposuction machine, which ensures a more precise suctioning of fat tissue and helps to form an even outer contour.
Our Beauty Academy surgeons offer
Liposuction 360° and HD Liposuction procedures.
contour of the waistline.
of surgery chosen by those seeking a more pronounced six-pack and doing regular sports.
Liposuction is the right procedure for you if:
- You want to remove undesired excess fat from problem areas of your body;
- You seek a sleeker body contour, not weight loss;
- Your body mass index (BMI) is below 31.
What you should know:
- Depending on the type of procedure performed, you might need to spend the first night at our clinic;
- A sleeker body contour is visible immediately after the surgery;
- Bruising might take a couple of weeks to resolve;
- You may experience discomfort and swelling for a few weeks;
- The final result of the surgery becomes visible after several months;
- Exercise can be resumed in 3 to 4 weeks.
1. Consultation with plastic surgeon
During your consultation with a plastic surgeon, they will inspect your body and assess your physical health. The surgeon will also discuss with you all available procedures and the recovery process, and answer all procedure-related questions you might have.
2. Preparing for surgery
For best results, it is important that you also take steps to prepare for the surgical procedure. This is why you should consider quitting smoking and consuming alcohol and maintain a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. The doctor may recommend losing some weight to help promote the contraction of fat cells for their easier removal.
3. Surgical procedure
Depending on the liposuction areas and their quantity, the surgery will take anywhere from 1 to 5 hours.
The procedure is performed under local or general anaesthesia, depending on the site of liposuction.
The amount of fat suctioned during a single procedure should not exceed 5 to 7% of the patient’s body mass, but this number may change based on the patient’s individual case.
4. Outcome and recovery
The amount of time it takes for recovery varies from one patient to another and depends on
the type of liposuction procedure performed. You might need painkillers once the anaesthesia
- Post-operative scars of 2 to 6 mm in size remain after the surgery, which fade over time; however, incision sites must be protected against direct sunlight for at least 6 months;
- Depending on the type of procedure performed, a post-operative compression garment must be worn for several weeks, which will be given to you at the clinic;
- You should avoid smoking during recovery;
- For best results, you should maintain a healthy lifestyle.